• Singlepivot vs Horst Link Codeine with same rocker configuration #knewIwasntgoingmad

Some gentlemen on Bikerumor (sic) have been discussing the fact that I don’t know what I’m talking about. This is nothing new.

I mentioned in my piece on the on-one site that I’d found that the singlepivot system let me make a shorter chainstay bike than a Horst link one, ie: amount of travel achieved until the rear wheel bashes into the seat tube.

This morning, whilst procrastinating various things (and having just signed off my “best frame ever”) I thought I’d fire up Linkage and look again. And it shows just as I thought. With HL pivots in a conventional position (ie: behind the BB and with a dropped chainstay pivot) the rear wheel moves significantly forward through the rear wheels travel. Perhaps this is an anomaly  of the rocker link position and geometry I have chosen, but seeing as the bike is designed to run a SINGLE RING there didn’t (to me) see much point in running a dual link design.

Well, that and the fact Oxley says the proto is “massively rad”.

Posted via email from shedfire’s dumping ground

Bookmark and Share

9:57 am on February 26, 2013 | 9 Comments | # |

Comments

• Mark 12:07 pm on February 28, 2013 | #

if Im reading that right does it show that at full shock compression the rear axle moves an inch forward with the horst link and without it it just moves back a smidge and then forward a smidge?

• brant 12:08 pm on February 28, 2013 | #

• Mark 10:04 pm on February 28, 2013 | #

uhuh.
    I always thought (*dumbass assumption here*) that horst links were supposed to create a J-shaped axle path (back first, then up) specifically well suited to square-edged trail features….

Do you dont get this kind of complicated bollox on rigid SS dandy-horses do you?

• Peter Mac 4:36 pm on March 3, 2013 | #

Dear Him,
    firstly, I wish you’d designed this new 29er last year as I now own a Salsa Horsethief, also single pivot.
    It functions fine and there is no need to get all caught up in analisations of Horst or any of his bendy mates.

Keep up the jolly work and get on with more creative stuff.
    Peter Mac

• Boohaa 9:33 pm on April 25, 2013 | #

It is an anomaly of the rocker link position.

• online form creator 12:28 am on July 13, 2013 | #

All they need to do is to enroll with their name, email, contact number and country and vemmabuilder
    will cater to the particular country of the person.
    It’s a good idea to have separate email promotions for prospects and customers, too, because you typically need to send different information to the different groups. We saw earlier that we could, through links to email addresses, contact directly with an email.

• online form creator 2:28 am on July 17, 2013 | #

Cheers to your PROFITmatic Turnkey Automated Internet Profit
    Center,. He knew the system well enough to not pay many of his suppliers
    and sub-contractors, then would cover it up up by handing out
    fake lien releases to make it look like they were paid.

Therefore it’s better to always do the intelligent point and take these tips.

• online form builder 11:16 pm on August 4, 2013 | #

However, there are several online interfaces available where one
    needs to click on different types of options to send HTML code in email
    or to generate HTML code. Wouldn’t it be easier if we could be able to save changes ourselves whenever we want. You wont get a true imitation of your signature with this Android app, unless you can cleverly manipulate the mechanics behind its operation, but that is highly unlikely.

• Online Form generator 10:03 pm on August 6, 2013 | #

Horizontal Siding and Vertical Sliding refers to the outer
    layer of a wall, with shingles or boards or gaps subtly angled to
    shed water. ) and installation used are correct for your situation and the location of your wine cellar.
    Therefore it’s better to always do the intelligent point and take these tips.

Flickr Stream

NANGNAM style - we've been at the Taipei Bike Show for two days, held in the Nangnam Exhibition centre...Singlepivot vs Horst Link Codeine with same rocker configuration #knewIwasntgoingmadSinglepivot vs Horst Link Codeine with same rocker configuration #knewIwasntgoingmadRovaneimi Start vid by @bikiechicoRovaneimi 150Rovaneimi 150Rovaneimi 150Rovaneimi 150Rovaneimi 150Tea time for @greatrock. 26in reindeer and blue cheese pizza.Pre race pub prep #finlandiaPre race pub prep #finlandiaWe went to see Santa. But weren't allowed to take picsWe went to see Santa. But weren't allowed to take picsWe went to see Santa. But weren't allowed to take picsWe went to see Santa. But weren't allowed to take picsCarbo loadingCodeine. Proto on-one 29er FSCodeineGetting there slowly #finlandia